Author Topic: Com port problems  (Read 12927 times)

angelano2010

Com port problems
« on: August 05, 2010, 06:20:57 AM »
Hi, I am having trouble setting up the trial version because I cannot receive a sample amount of calls in the Views/Live/Raw to be able to generate a suitable log to send in for a driver for our system (HiCom 150 Office Pro).
I have taken the USB/Serial connection from one PC and put into another PC with this trial version on - to keep it from clashing with existing call logging software.
I have tried all COM ports - installed drivers for all - tested the ports with Hyperterminal - I am getting connected but no data showing.
I am now not sure how to proceed with testing this software and may need to abandon, which is a shame because I really like the look of it and it does exactly what we need but we are running out of time to make a decision.
I feel as though I am very close to setting this up - it just won't read properly from the serial port from the telephone system - I know this works because it works on the other PC with other software - so it is either my configuration/port selection or wrong driver - does anyone have any more advice or help before I leave it?
I have emailed 2 x and got similar responses i.e. check the raw data, create the log and send - I can't get this far - I have gone through all obvious Port settings and still not reading the telephone system? Please help!

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Super User
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Com port problems
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »
Thank you for your inquiry.  If your phone system is delivering CDR data to a serial port on the PC hosting your Call Accounting Mate, you will be able to view the data with HyperTerminal without the CAM software running.  Raw data collection with Call Accounting Mate will still occur even if an incorrect CDR driver is selected.  The data driver will allow you to process your call records once they are collected with the Call Accounting Mate software.

Our support team will be contacting you shorty to provide additional assistance.