Author Topic: Explanation of Settings ---> Department/Users  (Read 26328 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Super User
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Explanation of Settings ---> Department/Users
« on: January 28, 2005, 07:55:54 PM »
This screen allows the following functions to be defined :

1. Departments within the company
2. Extension User - Each telephone user within the company and the department the user belongs to.
3. Which security accounts (i.e CAM users) have access to data for which departments.

Each of the functions are explained below :

Department
Call Accounting Mate allows the various departments and the telephone users who belong to those departments. This information in turn can be used to print summary reports for each department. For example, if you have a sales department, you may at the end of the month want to print the number of calls the department made and received. This can be further broken down to details of the number of calls each telephone user made/received within the sales department.

Extension User
Each telephone user that you want to track would be defined. Users cannot exist outside a department and therefore it is necessary to create departments before entering any user information. Each user field is explained below :

A. User Name
This is the name of the extension user. This name is used in the reports each time the extension number making the call matches.

B. Extension
This is the user's telephone extension number.

C. Alternate extension
In some cases, the telephone equipment may report a different extension from what was actually used to dial. This can happen on certain telephone systems when extension numbers have been changed (due to shifting, relocation, mapping, etc) but the PBX still reports the old extension number in the smdr output. In those cases, you can key in the old extension number in this field. By default, the alternate extension number is always the same as the extension no.

D. Account Code
Instead of extension numbers, account code may used in some offices to identify the user making the call. This can happen when users are allowed to make calls from any extension but costs still need to be allocated to specific users. In this case, the PBX allows the account code to be entered on the extension before a call can be placed. Each user uses his own account code to make calls.

In some offices account code is used not to identify the user making the call but the party being called. Some trades like lawyers  may charge for the time spent on a client case and before making any calls to/for that client, they would key in the account code assigned to that client. This in turn is captured by CAM which can then be used for reporting the amount of time spent for that client. If you do not use account code in your industry, leave this field blank.

.... to be continued ....

« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 11:10:25 PM by Administrator »

slaves

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Explanation of Settings ---> Department/Users
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 09:51:25 PM »
How, if we just want adding an account code only ? because we are using account code to call out side, and user can call in any extension with their own password ? can i leave blank field in extension field ? and in live calls will show the username.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Super User
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 10:51:34 AM »
Leaving the extension field blank can cause issues with your extension reporting. If you are not generating extension reports then you can leave this field blank.

We recommend you populate this field with the users actual extension number. Please note, you can not enter the same extension number twice. If the extension is shared amongst multiple users with unique account codes then enter a phantom extension number into this field (i.e if the shared extension number is 222 then enter 9222 or 99222).

Ryusaki

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 07:48:59 AM »
How to generate report with Account Codes Username?.. My system is Avaya.

Here's my sample RAW DATA:

11/19/2008 13:03:50 1324 0013 7 9 203 0459617048 1037 4283740 3 01 0 1 0 0 0  + COM1
    11/18/2008 18:22:39 1843 0001 7 9 203 09158174434 7512 4283740 3 01 0 1 0 0 0  + COM1
    11/18/2008 18:15:22 1836 0002 7 9 203 09158174434 7512 4283740 3 01 0 1 0 0 0  + COM1

My Department/Users TAB:

http://ryusaki01.multiply.com/photos/album/3/Call_Accounting#1

My Report details:

http://ryusaki01.multiply.com/photos/album/3/Call_Accounting#2

As you can see, User/Code TAB was still Reynaldo Barrera, it should appear as IBAHN since "4283740" code was used.

Even though I've use the 7512 extension under the name of Reynaldo Barrera or any other extension number. How do I generate a report showing a user's account code.