Author Topic: CA Mate Genarating Reports Very Slow  (Read 34321 times)

deltaserver

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
CA Mate Genarating Reports Very Slow
« on: December 03, 2006, 11:03:01 AM »
Dear All.

We sold CA Mate 2.1.96 to one of customer, they have around 500 extns & 650 Accountcodes, when we genarate the reports for all the department monthly wise it is taking lot of time, nearly it takes almost 30 to 45 minutes,

Report genaration from the processed database from CA Mate database, why it is taking so much of time

our customer is really un happy with this, they were using diffirent call billing software, it was working fine only back log was it was not web based.

is there any way to reduce this time,

pls help me to resolve this issue, if anybody got the same problem how did you solved it?/

Thanks in advance

DS

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Super User
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: CA Mate Genarating Reports Very Slow
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 11:46:16 PM »
Dear Sir,

There are many things that can contribute to slowdown in reporting.  You may want to look at the number of calls in the entire database.  You may want to purge historical months that are no longer necessary.  You may need to look at the RAM available (and increase it to 1024 MB) on the CAM host for processing reports.  Additionally, if the report is being generated during a peak period of time (or there are more than 1 user) running reports in an active environment like this one, it could cause a slowdown.

Remember, this is a browser based application with a real time data collection module.  If calls are entering the system, precedence is given to the incoming data.   You may want to try scheduling your reports to run automatically rather than wait for them to complete.

Regards,
callaccounting.ws

tboggs13

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 06:29:50 PM »
I too see very slow performance when running reports. We have less than 100 extensions in used and data gathered since June I believe. Some of the canned reports will finish quickly, but if you stray you pay a heavy penalty. It is not uncommon for reports to take 10-20 minutes to complete, during which time the web server is innaccessible. I don't want to dump data because our company would like to get yearly reports.

The strange thing is, when reports are running, the CPU utilization does not run high except every once in a while and when the report is actually generated, disk activity isn't that high, nor is swap file usage. Is this an inherent weakness in SQLite or CAM? We have plenty of disk space and I have increased the RAM before without any noticable improvement.

We get the same type of result if we use ODBC utilities to access the database. We been trying to get around the CAM interface to create more extensive reports and to improve performance, but it would be great if the normal ones performed better.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Super User
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 09:52:41 AM »
CAM will have a new SQLite version 3.x in the new year.  It will also have a new report writer.  You will find performance increased.

Regards,
callaccounting.ws

tboggs13

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
CAM will have a new SQLite version 3.x in the new year.  It will also have a new report writer.  You will find performance increased.

Regards,
callaccounting.ws

Any idea when this will happen?

When I purchased CAM in Dec of 2005, I was told the new version was expected in Feb of 2006. It's now over a year later, the application still drags with less than a years worth of data in it and no new version.

tboggs13

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 05:46:26 PM »
Well, another year has come and gone without another version of the software. Are you even still in business? These forums look pretty slow. I would be nice to not have to dump this years data.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Super User
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 09:48:59 AM »
The next release of CAM is now expected to be release in late 2008. Please continue to check both the forums and our website for details.

Thank you.

tboggs13

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 05:08:03 PM »
The next release of CAM is now expected to be release in late 2008. Please continue to check both the forums and our website for details.

Thank you.

I was expecting a major upgrade in Late 2008. Looks like we only got a bug fix and some driver updates. Is there really a major upgrade in the works?

tboggs13

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 03:09:27 PM »
I just got my support renewal and I am wondering if I should pay it. I have been waiting for three years to see a major product upgrade and so far all I have seen are very minor dot.dot.dot revisions that have fixed minor bugs and provided no feature requests or major performance gains.

Is this a dead product, just trying to suck a dollar or two out of unsuspecting buyers?

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Super User
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »
No this product is not dead. We have been working on a new release to this product for the past year. We expect it to be available in the new year!

tboggs13

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 08:01:57 PM »
No this product is not dead. We have been working on a new release to this product for the past year. We expect it to be available in the new year!

So, another year and no major upgrade. Last bug fix released per your Version History was 11/2009, which actually occurred before your quote. I realize you still have a couple of months to produce the new version, but I won't get my hopes up since I have been waiting for 4 years for a major overhaul of the software. As you can see in this thread, you have been promising that major new version every year for the past four years and have not delivered.

That is pretty much why you lost me as a customer.