Author Topic: Security restrictions for Users group  (Read 24825 times)

Nurzhan

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Security restrictions for Users group
« on: April 12, 2005, 03:19:33 AM »
Hi.

I downloaded a copy of your program to do an evaluation and so far it seems nice.

One question though:

I created a Test department, with Test user in it. When logged as Administrator, I can see Test department in list for Reports and as such can run reports on it. But when logged as User, Test department is not showing up on the list. CAn you tell me what I should look into to make it work for User.

Thank you in advance.

Nurzhan
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 01:34:55 PM by sergey »

sergey

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Security restrictions for Users group
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 01:33:52 PM »
Security accounts, belonging  to Users role, such as predefined User account have limited access to calls data. By default these accounts can't browse any data and you need to explicitly enable users accounts to be able to view calls data. View data restrictions for User role are defined at department level.

To set up security settings please use Settings/Departments/Users page as described below:
- open Settings/Departments/Users page
- mark some department in the list; please note that you have to mark exactly one department to change it's security settings
- press Security button on page's bottom toolbar to invoke setup privileges dialog box
- in the dialog box mark security accounts that you want to be able to browse departments data in Avaliable Accounts list and press > button to add them to permitted accounts group for this department
- press Ok button to apply the changes
- repeat the steps above for every department which data must be viewable for certain security account(s)

agera

Re: Security restrictions for Users group
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 07:55:18 AM »
Hi
Am a new user just installed the CAM package. After installing and configuring for other users to view reports, the new users could not see the report in the database. What could be responsible. Regards

sergey

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Security restrictions for Users group
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 02:19:47 AM »
The most probably reason is that the security system is not set for accounts belonging to Users role (as it is descibed in Security restrictions for Users group in this FAQ)

To manage the situation i would suggest you to send us extended request for support using CAM interface. This is actually fastes way to find out the exact reason of the problem, cause sending the request willl provide us all necessary debuggig information.
To send the request:
- open Support/Send Log Files page
- fill all the fields on the page and specify description of the problem in the Comments field
- select Extended Request for Support in the Request type field
- press Submit Request button to issue the request