Author Topic: Siemens ISDX_L  (Read 13672 times)

palms

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Siemens ISDX_L
« on: October 20, 2005, 07:59:44 AM »
Hi

I'm testing your software for use with a Siemens ISDX-L PBX (traditional type) and have a PC installed with CAM connected to the V.24 port (COM1).  I have tried to use the Data Collection Driver but can't see any live data/calls being made.  There is no driver for an ISDX-L.  An example of the SMDR log is pated below.  What settings do I need to get this working?

Cheers
Palms

01234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789
 €€€    €   €€  €  €€  €€ € €€ €€   €€     €€ €€  €€        €€€ € €€  €€  € € €€   € €  €      €€  €€    €   €€ € € €€€€ €            € €€€  €€ € € €  €€  €€€  €€  €€ € €€ €€  €  €        €   €€      € €€  € €  €  €            €  € €€ €€  € €   €     €€  €€   €€ €€   €         €  €€€€        €   €  €€  €€  € € €€   €      €   €  €€ €   €    €  €  €€  €€ €€ €€ €€          €  €  €€   €    €      €€  €€ €€ €€ €€   €       €€€    €€€    €    €€     €€  €€   €€ €€   €€       € €   €€    €  €   €  €€  €€ €  €€ €€       € €  €€ €€  €€  € €  €€   

sergey

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Siemens ISDX_L
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 01:28:26 AM »
It should be because of comm port settings do not match the PBX port settings. Very probably it's because of baud rate and/or data bits fields.

You need to vary comm port settings and see which one of them gives you meaningful data coming to the system. Preferable way is to refer to the PBX manual and check of how is it possible to find out the PBX current port settings and then configure CAM port exactly the same way as it's configured on the PBX side.

In case you'll have to vary the settings it may be convenient to use Windows hyper terminal to find out the right combination and then put it to CAM. The process is described at http://www.callaccounting.ws/howto/How%20to%20make%20request%20for%20dirver.mht

palms

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 08:40:10 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  Can't get it making sense in Hyperterminal either, so I checked the manual again.  It says "The CIL data is in binary or telephonic binary coded decimal (TBCD) format..." is this compatible with your software or does the output need to be ASCII?

cheers
Palms
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 09:19:52 AM by palms »

sergey

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 11:41:57 AM »
Yes, that is the reason. CAM supports only ASCII formats.

Thank you for the feedback!

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Super User
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 08:23:25 AM »
CAM now supports this format.  Send us a sample of your data and we will send you a fix.

Administrator.